Welcome to the
- Get a job
- Keep a job &
- Advance on the job
If you are facing hunger through food insecurity or homelessness, we recommend visiting the Anchorage Food Pantries for a list of places to get food and call 211 for housing and other temporal services. Meanwhile, our Net-2-Ladder program may be able to help. Please contact Kimberly Miller via email at email@example.com or phone @ 1 (907) 231-1144 for more information. Otherwise:
- Our offices are open to the public by appointment only, except for the AHFC computer lab at 440 East Benson Boulevard, which is open to the public on weekdays from 8:30 AM → Noon and 1:00 PM → 4:30 PM, except during the following events:
- State holidays, according to the State Calendar.
- Periods of inclement weather, natural disasters, or other extreme circumstances - Please see the State website for more details.
- Annual AHFC training (usually 2 or 3 days during the 3rd week of September)
- WorkKeys Exams on Friday mornings, when scheduled - The lab consultant will post a notice on the computer lab bulletin board by the Thursday afternoon before the scheduled exams. The lab will revert to open lab by 9 AM when no one showsup. Call 1-833-330-6123 to determine if the lab is open on a Friday morning.
- The computer lab will close early (typically about 11 AM) on Nine Star's annual Christmas luncheon (usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas of each year)
- For regular Nine Star clients, the Employment and Training Lab in our Fifth Avenue site, located at 125 West 5th Avenue is available on weekdays, from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM on weekdays (subject to change with little to no advanced warning).
- Nine Star offices will be closed for business on the following days:
- Christmas Eve on Friday, 22 December 2023
- Christmas Day on Monday, 25 December 2023
- New Year's Eve on Friday, 29 December 2023
- New Year's Day on Monday, 01 January 2024
- Our CDC/TaST Employment Training website is available for weekday check-in and other job seekers needing assistance.
- We will close our offices to protect everyone's safety during inclement weather events, or natural disasters in Anchorage, Wasilla, and Homer. However, we will continue to provide services remotely to help Alaskans become self‐reliant. Therefore, we recommend that you check the State of Alaska website for office closures whenever we get inclement weather or local natural disasters.
For your convenience, the following are available:
- The 2023 generic calendar
- The 2024 generic calendar
- The 2025 generic calendar
- The September 2022 version of the Anchorage Community Emergency & Advocacy Resources Book
The Google Translation Service is available to help those who are not fluent in English.