All offices are closed to the public, except by appointment only, until further notice. We appreciate your understanding!
||Complete Announcements as of Thursday, 07 December 2023:
- Nine Star offices will be closed for business on the following days:
- Christmas Eve on Friday, 22 December 2023
- Christmas Day on Monday, 25 December 2023
- New Year's Eve on Friday, 29 December 2023
- New Year's Day on Monday, 01 January 2024
However, the computer lab at AHFC Anchorage Family Investment Center (AFIC) is open to the public on a limited basis from 8:30 a.m. → Noon & 1:00 p.m. → 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, except on State holidays @ 440 East Benson Boulevard. Please call Lorne Bailey at 1-833-330-6123 in Alaska or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COVID-19, Flu, and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
★ If you are SICK, please do not physically visit our offices (Stay Home). ★
Meanwhile, here is some information about COVID-19, Flu, and RSV that we recommend.
- Use Strong Passwords - Many resources require good passwords. Therefore, we recommend that you check out our recommendations for good passwords to protect you and the computers you use!
- Encrypt Sensitive Information - Use AES Crypt (free of charge) or similar software to encrypt files with sensitive files you wish to send through unsecured means. However, for Nine Star correspondence, please follow the instructions that your Work Services Specialist (WSS), instructor, or other staff member provides you for sending files with sensitive information to them. - Thank you!
- Report scams and Fraud to the Federal Government if you or someone you know becomes a victim. Reporting scams and fraud will help prevent others from becoming victims.
- During the winter months (Late October through mid-April), significant snowfall can prevent people from getting to where they need to be in a timely fashion. To help plan during periods of substantial snowfall, use the Anchorage Street Maintenance Snow Plow Information website for updates on the snow removal process.
- Our training portal, where authorized staff & students can sign in & participate in online training on a Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment () , is now under construction as part of our upgrade to provide you with a better online training experience.
→ Watch a 5-minute introduction to MOODLE on YouTube to become familiar with MOODLE.
- Unless your instructor says otherwise, all future live classes will occur via Zoom unless your instructor says otherwise. Please note that all future in-person courses will be on hold until further notice. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, we recommend watching a 3-minute introduction to Zoom for students. While the video suggests that you use a regular desktop or laptop with a wired (high-speed) internet connection, you can use a wireless connection or your mobile phone to maintain a 1 Megabit per second connection or higher. Mobile devices with 4G or higher service will suffice.
- Maintenance on this site will typically occur each Friday between 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
The Google Translation Service is available to help those who are not fluent in English.
The following Calendars are available online: