| Welcome to the|
as of 01 November 2023
* Please contact Mac Lyons via email for any questions you may have regarding this process.
Those who are homeless or facing homelessness should go through the ACEH Coordinated Entry Process, or go to one of the following Coordinated Entry sites:
* If you do not have access to an email account, you can use Anonymous Email to send emails.
Meanwhile, a summary of housing & food resources in Anchorage, Alaska and surrounding areas is available as a PDF download (2-page [94 KB]).
Emergency Shelters - Usually up to 30 days -
* Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) provides Emergency Shelter Vouchers for eligible
- Choosing our Roots (CoR) ‐ Host Homes for LGBTQIA Youth ‐ (907) 764-6233
- Covenant House → At-risk Youth @ (907) 272-1255
- The largest provider of services to homeless and runaway youth in the State of Alaska
- Provides the following services:
- Street outreach,
- Youth enrichment,
- Employment and educational services,
- Immediate shelter and housing services, and
- Pastoral services
- Lutheran Social Services ‐ Transitional Living Program @ (907) 272-0643
- MyHouse@MatSu → Youth (ages 14-24 and homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless) → end homelessness → Clients will need to agree to family self-sufficiency plans, and they will have to work towards these plans with support from staff to access the following services, which are a hand up, but not a hand out:
- Hot supper from 3-4 pm every day for any homeless youth age 14-24 who are hungry
- Ten beds of transitional housing are available on a first-come basis
- Case management services on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substance abuse assessments
- On-site partnership with Nine Star that offers employment assistance, high school completion, and GED courses
- New Life Development, Incorporated ‐ Transitional Housing ‐ (907) 646-2200
- Roomies - Anchorage
- RuralCAP - Housing Services
- Those wishing to stay in Safe Harbor will also need to fill out RurAL CAP's Schedule M
- Those wishing to remain in 325 E 3rd Avenue, Muldoon Garden, 1255 E 11th Avenue, or Huntsman Circle will also need to fill out RurAL CAP's Schedule T
- Those wishing to stay in Karluk Manor, Sitka Place, 100 David Street, 400 North Lane Street, or in 3726 Peterkin Street will also need to fill out RurAL CAP's Schedule S
Rent-to-Own Housing Options
- Nodel Parks mobile home and trailer parks → rent to own options
- Rent-to-Own.org - This site wants you to register before giving you properties, including pricing information.
Homes for Sale
Rental, Utilities, and Housing Assistance
Related Services - Services only - does not provide actual housing
Anyone struggling to pay for basic utilities or paying off a mortgage may be eligible for Alaska Housing Home Owner Assistance.