Welcome to the
- Get a job
- Keep a job &
- Advance on the job
- All offices, except for the AHFC computer lab are closed to the public, except by appointment only, until further notice. Thank you so much for being so understanding!
- Nine Star offices will be closed for business on the following days:
- President's Day on Monday, 20 February 2023.
- Seward's Day on Monday, 27 March 2023.
- Memorial Day on Monday, 29 May 2023.
- Juneteenth on Monday, 19 June 2023.
- The AHFC computer lab is at 440 East Benson Boulevard and the hours are on weekdays 8:30 AM → Noon and 1:00 PM → 4:30 PM, except during the following events:
- State holidays, according to the State Calendar.
- Periods of inclement weather, natural disasters, or other extreme events. Please see the State website for more details.
- Annual AHFC training (usually 2 or 3 days during the 3rd week of September)
- WorkKeys Exams on Friday mornings, when scheduled. The lab consultant will post a notice on the computer lab bulletin board by the Thursday afternoon before the scheduled exams. The lab will revert to open lab by 9 AM when none of the scheduled examinees show up. Call 1-833-330-6123 to find out if the lab is open on a Friday morning.
- The computer lab will close early (typically about 11 AM) on Nine Star's annual Christmas luncheon (usually between Thanks Giving and Christmas of each year)
- The computer lab will close early (typically about 11 AM) on Nine Star's annual Picnic (usually in early → mid July).
- We encourage you to apply for the Permanent Fund Dividend as soon as possible. The deadline is 31 March 2023 @ 11:59 PM Alaska Daylight Time (GMT-8).
- If you are facing hunger through food insecurity or homelessness, our Net-2-Ladder program may be able to help. Please contact Kimberly Miller via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone @ 1 (907) 231-1144 for more information.
- Our CDC/TaST Employment Training website is available for weekday check-in and for other job seekers who need assistance.
- To protect everyone's safety during inclement weather events, or natural disasters in Anchorage, Wasilla, and Homer, we will close our offices. However, we will continue to provide services remotely to help Alaskans become self‐reliant. Therefore, we recommend that you check the State of Alaska website for office closures whenever we get inclement weather, or local natural disasters.