Welcome to the
- Get a job
- Keep a job &
- Advance on the job
Please feel free to watch a video about what we do (1:33 MP4 video @ 225 MB). Please see our main home page for more details.
Brief Announcements as of Monday, 03 April 2023:
- Our offices are open to the public by appointment only, except for the AHFC computer lab at 440 East Benson Boulevard, which is open to the public on weekdays from 8:30 AM → Noon and 1:00 PM → 4:30 PM, except during the following events:
- State holidays, according to the State Calendar.
- Periods of inclement weather, natural disasters, or other extreme events. Please see the State website for more details.
- Annual AHFC training (usually 2 or 3 days during the 3rd week of September)
- WorkKeys Exams on Friday mornings, when scheduled. The lab consultant will post a notice on the computer lab bulletin board by the Thursday afternoon before the scheduled exams. The lab will revert to open lab by 9 AM when none of the scheduled examinees show up. Call 1-833-330-6123 to find out if the lab is open on a Friday morning.
- The computer lab will close early (typically about 11 AM) on Nine Star's annual Christmas luncheon (usually between Thanks Giving and Christmas of each year)
- The computer lab will close early (typically about 11 AM) on Nine Star's annual Picnic (usually in early → mid July).
- Nine Star offices will be closed for business on the following days:
- Memorial Day on Monday, 29 May 2023.
- Juneteenth on Monday, 19 June 2023.
- If you are facing hunger through food insecurity or homelessness, our Net-2-Ladder program may be able to help. Please contact Kimberly Miller via email at email@example.com or phone @ 1 (907) 231-1144 for more information.
- Our CDC/TaST Employment Training website is available for weekday check-in and for other job seekers who need assistance.
- To protect everyone's safety during inclement weather events, or natural disasters in Anchorage, Wasilla, and Homer, we will close our offices. However, we will continue to provide services remotely to help Alaskans become self‐reliant. Therefore, we recommend that you check the State of Alaska website for office closures whenever we get inclement weather, or local natural disasters.
For your convenience, the 2022 and the 2023 generic calendars are available.